[vtkusers] vtk[Input|Output]Port

Peter F Bradshaw pfb at exadios.com
Thu Sep 28 21:57:22 EDT 2006

Hi Randy;

On Thu, 28 Sep 2006, Randy Hudson wrote:

> I'm using vtkInputPort and vtkOutputPort of VTK4.4 to do parallel
> visualization.
>
> With what do I replace them if I want to use VTK5.0?

I had the same sort of problem. I solved it by moving, from the VTK4.4
release, the following into my project tree:

vtkInputPort.[cxx,h]
vtkOutputPort.[cxx,h]
vtkSharedMemoryCommunicator.[cxx,h]
vtkThreadedController.[cxx,h]

I then made the obvious necessary changes in the project sources in
order continue using vtkInputPort and vtkOutputPort from the new
locations. This works fine with VTK5.0.

However, I'm not sure what is going to happen beyond VTK5.0.

> Thanks.

Cheers

--
Peter F Bradshaw, http://www.exadios.com