[vtkusers] How to get vtk file from scattered points?

Dominik Szczerba domi at vision.ee.ethz.ch
Thu Sep 28 09:22:18 EDT 2006

if you only have points and want to see the surface you can try alpha
shapes, see the tetrahydralization class. a comprehensive description of
the vtk formats is to be found somewhere on the vtk.org web page (under
technical documents I believe).
--DS

ya ya wrote:
> I just begin to learn vtk. Now something about the file format beats me.
> Recently I've learned the format of the vtk files, for example,
> vtkImageData, vtkPolyData, vtkUnstructuredGrid etc. in the vtk
> Userguide. But I wonder how I can gain such kinds of format? If I want
> to create a terrian and I've got many scattered points in the form of
> coordinate, what should I do next? Do I have to change the format into
> vtk file format? If so, how can I change the format?  Please give me
> some help, thank you!
>

>       Ivy

Dominik Szczerba, Ph.D.
Computer Vision Lab CH-8092 Zurich