[vtkusers] Contouring

Brian Chacko brianchacko at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 27 13:44:04 EDT 2006

Hello,

  I am currently working on an application . I have read a series of DICOM images using ITK and have written to *.vtk files. Using vtkContourFilter i am able to read the data set file and view in VTK. The problem is the contour threshold. An invalid value given to a contour using setValue function generates an error terminating the executable file.

  1. Is there a way of determining the contour threshold
  2. What is the procedure for accessing/manipulating the volume geometry. I would want to implement collision detection.

  Thanks,
  Brian Gee Chacko