[vtkusers] vtkDelete in java finalization

TARRAGO Xavier 103783 Xavier.TARRAGO at cea.fr
Wed Sep 27 09:23:03 EDT 2006

  Hello,
  I use vtk from java bindings and I am very surprised about the way garbaging is handled. vtkDelete is called from finalize. But finalize is runned in a thread that is not the main thread (or eventThread for swing). So I expected some synchronization in the reference counting. But I cannot find any clue of that. Please let me know that I have missed something. If I did not, I expect some ref counting corruption to happend from java finalization.

Xavier Tarrago
Service Système et Simulation pour la Surveillance et le Contrôle Non Destructif
CEA Saclay
91191 Gif sur Yvette Cedex

Tel :+ 33 (0)169 088 808
Fax:+ 33 (0)169 087 597