RES: [vtkusers] Re: Translating Ensight to VTK transient data...

Renato N. Elias rnelias at nacad.ufrj.br
Tue Sep 26 21:57:45 EDT 2006

Hi Goodwin,

thanks a lot for your help.

In fact, I firstly tried to extract the number of time steps as you did
since it would be easier to perform a loop over the time steps instead of
the time values. My problem was that vtk returned me an error in
GetNumberOfItems method. With your script I got the same error message:

Object named: vtkTemp2, could not find requested method: GetNumberOfItems or
the method was called with incorrect arguments.

while executing
"$timeSteps GetNumberOfItems"
   invoked from within
"set numTimeSteps [$timeSteps GetNumberOfItems]"
(file "ens2vtk.tcl" line 24)

do you know how to work out it?!

Regards

Renato.