[vtkusers] tcl /linux problem.

Kalpathi Subramanian krs at uncc.edu
Mon Sep 25 10:13:36 EDT 2006

Known problem. Once the application starts, hit 't' to go into trackball
mode and you should be ok from then on.

    == krs

Andrew Maclean wrote:
> I seem to be getting a problem with vtk and TCL in Linux relating to a
> timer start failure. Whiilst the object displays correctly, as soon as
> you interact with it, you get the following message:
>
> ERROR: In /usr/local/src/vtk/VTK/Rendering/vtkInteractorStyle.cxx,
> line 379
> vtkInteractorStyleJoystickCamera (0x822c160): Timer start failed
> .
> Has anybody seen this problem?
> It is not present in Windows.
>
> Any tcl script seems to do it.
> e.g try vtk /Hybrid/Tersting/Tcl/camera.tcl and just click your mouse
> in the window.
>
> I am using the CVS and I have done a complete rebuild.
>

> Andrew

> Andrew J. P. Maclean
> Centre for Autonomous Systems
> The Rose Street Building J04
> The University of Sydney  2006  NSW
> AUSTRALIA
> Ph: +61 2 9351 3283
> Fax: +61 2 9351 7474

K.R.Subramanian                        Phone: (704) 687-8579
Department of Computer Science         FAX:   (704) 687-3516
UNC Charlotte, Woodward 435E           Email: krs at uncc.edu
Charlotte, NC 28223-0001               Web: http://www.cs.uncc.edu/~krs