[vtkusers] How do I reply to this mailing list

Kenneth Evans, Jr. evans at aps.anl.gov
Sun Sep 24 13:17:46 EDT 2006

Hi,

     I am relatively new to this mailing list and am more used to dealing
with news servers (which are easier to work with).  I changed my options to
not send me email as VTK is not my primary activity, and its activity (a
good thing) was unfortunately inundating my inbox.  I don't seem to be
getting digests.  Consequently, I am perusing the archives and sending mail
to vtkusers at vtk.org.

     I notice my replies, for which I use "Re: xxx" as the subject, are not
going to the correct thread (i.e. xxx) and appear isolated and by
themselves.  How can I improve?

     I also notice that search returns topics that only have the search
string in the next and previous messages.  This gives a lot of useless hits.
It is not my intent to complain, but rather to know if there is a way around
this.

     I am also not getting any responses.  Perhaps it is owing to my using
Java, which doesn't seem to be the most popular of the platforms (though it
seems to be well implemented).  Some of what I have submitted appear to be
bugs.  Should I just submit them as bugs.  I prefer to not clutter bug lists
if a solution can be found otherwise.

     Thanks for any help,

	-Ken