[vtkusers] Re: vtkTransform again....transforming a point does not work as expected...simple example

Anja Ende anja.ende at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 23 09:44:04 EDT 2006

Ok, I have finally managed to get something working that works for normal
transformation to the image->Display and vice versa...

However, it returns bogus values when a slice is rotated along an axis...

Display ->Image Space...

// x, y, z are display coordinates

vtkMatrix4x4 * resliceMat = this->m_slicer->GetResliceAxes();
double axesTransform[4] = {x, y, z, 0.0};
resliceMat->MultiplyPoint(axesTransform, axesTransform);
double * tp = m_transform->TransformPoint(axesTransform[0],
axesTransform[1], axesTransform[2]);

// Out will contain the image coordinates

out[0] = tp[0];
out[1] = tp[1];
out[2] = tp[2];
out[3] = 0.0;

// Image->Display Space
This function works if the slice is not rotated...However, if the slice is
rotated then the values are incorrect... I do not understand why as the
rotation is reflected in the transformation matrix.

// x, y, z are image coordinates
// out will contain the values in the display space... or so I hoped!

double * tp = m_transform->GetLinearInverse()->TransformPoint(x, y, z);
vtkMatrix4x4 * resliceMat = this->m_slicer->GetResliceAxes();
out[0] = tp[0];
out[1] = tp[1];
out[2] = tp[2];
out[3] = 0.0;
resliceMat->Invert(resliceMat, m_indexInv);
m_indexInv->MultiplyPoint(out, out);

I am really struggling with this, so any help would be really nice!

Thanks,
Anja