[vtkusers] how to view a slice of 3d image in a 2d scene?

kdsfinger at gmail.com kdsfinger at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 12:52:33 EDT 2006

hi, all
I have a vtkImageActor for a slice of 3D image, how can I view it in a
2D scene (the depth is fixed)? Right now I got 3 perpendicular planes
and can use a slider to change their positions with textrue painted.
Besides that, I want another 3 separate planes, each display the
current corresponding plane in a 2D scene. Is there any feasible way
to do that? One way I have is using imagemaptocolor, which works for
grayscale. But if my image data is RGB, I can't use maptocolor
anymore. Thanks for all the comments.
zl2k