[vtkusers] OrientationMarkerWidget question from VTK newbie

Dean Inglis dean.inglis at sympatico.ca
Thu Sep 21 22:43:55 EDT 2006

Hi Romy,

I'm not sure what you want here.  The axes actor has
3D polydata representing the axes as tubes with cones
for arrows and text for labels.  The axes are
the "marker" that marks out the orientation.  You can
also have a marker that is a cube with labels for
different directions.  The whole idea when I wrote this
class was to use the widget to accommodate the x-y-z arrow axes
as seen in ParaView and the cube with anatomical direction labels
as seen in VolView.  the widget allows the user to move it
around the render window for interactive placement.
Can you be a bit more specific about what you want to visualize?

Dean