[vtkusers] Re: Fwd: Re: Compiling VTK-5.0.2 with Cygwin make

Steve Robbins smr at sumost.ca
Thu Sep 21 15:48:23 EDT 2006

Quoting Steve Robbins <smr at sumost.ca>:

> To recap: I am building VTK 5 sources on cygwin under windows XP.  The
> initial build failed with link errors.  Cygwin provides two different
> OpenGL implementations: one that runs on top of X11 and one that
> doesn't.  The cause of the link errors is that the compilation used
> gl.h from X11 but linked against the non-X11 GL library.

For the benefit of vtk-developers, I should have noted that this
thread started in vtkusers; see
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2006-September/087106.html

Also, the bit about WIN32 not being defined is speculation.  I could
not figure out a way to have cmake tell me which symbols were defined,
nor to provide any sort of verbose debugging output that would let me
figure out, e.g. which branch of a cmake conditional was taken.

-Steve