[vtkusers] Source adapter?

James Carroll mrmaple at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 09:27:20 EDT 2006

Hi,

I've got an imaging framework that deals with images that are larger
than memory by pulling in a tile at a time.  I'd like to create an
adapter that lets me use it as a source for VTK operations.

I'm hoping that I'll be able to do things like filter my RGB source to
luminance, do a threshold, and then do a flood fill, then extract a
contour from that region, and have the algorithm always work using
neighborhood operators, and not pull in any tiles that it doesn't
need.

Am I right that VTK can do exactly this if I write my adapter just
right? (I'm basing it on the the itk::VTKExport basic filter.)

Where can I find other examples of this sort of thing?

Thanks,
-Jim