[vtkusers] Fwd: Re: Compiling VTK-5.0.2 with Cygwin make

Steve Robbins smr at sumost.ca
Wed Sep 20 12:27:11 EDT 2006

[Re-sending after subscribing to vtkusers]

Hi,

I'm having the same problem as Patrick D. Emond
[http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2006-September/086953.html] in
building VTK under cygwin.

The culprit turns out to be -I/usr/X11R6/include.  The following test
program compiles unless I specify that include path:

srobbins at IMRISWS36 ~/src/test
$ cat opengl.cc
#include <GL/gl.h>

int main( int ac, char* av[] )
{
          glDisable( GL_LIGHT0 );
          return 0;
}

srobbins at IMRISWS36 ~/src/test
$ g++ opengl.cc -lopengl32

srobbins at IMRISWS36 ~/src/test
$ g++ -I/usr/X11R6/include opengl.cc  -lopengl32
/cygdrive/c/DOCUME~1/srobbins/LOCALS~1/Temp/ccBHEbmm.o:opengl.cc:(.text+0x32):
undefined reference to `_glDisable'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

srobbins at IMRISWS36 ~/src/test
$

What puzzles me is that this was reported long ago
    http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2003-January/065188.html
and was reported to have been fixed
    http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2003-January/065196.html

Has the fix become un-done in the meanwhile?  Or is this a new issue
with the same symptoms?

Any ideas apart from ripping out the gl.h from /usr/X11R6?

Thanks,
-Steve