[vtkusers] VTK 5.0.2 + Borland BSD 2006 + CMAKE 2.4.3

Jiksed jiksed at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 12 11:35:43 EDT 2006

I found an alternative solution to my question below.
  VTK 5.0.2 + Borland BSD 2006 + CMAKE 2.4.3 turned out to be a good combination. The compilation went smooth. I had
  BUILD_SHARED_LIBS = OFF,
  VTK_WRAP_TCL=ON (tcl832),
  BUILD_TESTING=ON, and
  BUILD_EXAMPLES=ON.
  VTK_LEGACY_REMOVE=ON

Jiksed <jiksed at yahoo.com> wrote:
    Dear vtkusers,

  I have had success using VTK4.4 and BCB6, and now I want to upgrade to VTK5.0.1 and BSD 2006. I ran into a few problems while compiling VTK5.0.1. Here are two main CMAKE settings of mine:
  BUILD_SHARED_LIBS = OFF
  VTK_WRAP_TCL=ON
  I am running WinXP Pro, SP2, and removed BCB6 from my PC.

  1) Error messages with CMAKE 2.4.3. Entire log is attached (Error-cmake243.txt).

  Error E2228 vtkParse.l 207: Too many error or warning messages in function yylex
  *** 1 errors in Compile ***
  ** error 1 ** deleting Wrapping\CMakeFiles\vtkWrapTcl.dir\vtkParse.tab.obj
  ** error 1 ** deleting Wrapping\CMakeFiles\vtkWrapTcl.dir\all
  ** error 1 ** deleting all

  The compilation stopped at the beginning and nothing was compiled.

  2) Error messages with CMAKE 2.2.3. Entire log is attached (Error-cmake223.txt).

  Fatal: Error detected (LME1598)
Fatal: Access violation.  Link terminated.
  ** error 1 ** deleting bin\vtk.exe
  ** error 1 ** deleting Wrapping\Tcl\CMakeFiles\vtk.dir\all
  ** error 1 ** deleting all

  With CMAKE 2.2.3, compilation of VTK went OK and I saw all the LIB files which are listed in BSD2006_CMAKE223_LIBS.txt in the attachment. However, the TCL wrapping failed to generate vtk.exe.

  FYI, I did coff2omf and set correct tcl/tk lib/include paths. What is wrong?

  Thank you for your help.

  Jiksed