[vtkusers] vtkImageViewer display axes

Anja Ende anja.ende at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 12 06:39:43 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I have a question about the way vtkImageViewer displays images

I have 3 vtkImageViewer components that display the images in XY, YZ and XZ
planes. The images in the YZ and XZ planes look fine but the image in the XY
plane is flipped.

I can fix this by setting the ResliceAxesCosines as:
this->m_slicer->SetResliceAxesDirectionCosines(1, 0, 0, 0, -1, 0, 0, 0, 1);

However, my question is why is the image only flipped in that plane?

Also, is there a way to change the way the image is displayed without
resorting to changing the orientation of the reslicer. I have a lot of
calculations which uses the IndexMatrix of the reslicer and after I invert
the Y axes, all those calculations are invalid because of the negative
values.

Thanks,

Anja