[vtkusers] To make new class

Jonghye Woo jonghyew at usc.edu
Mon Sep 11 15:17:55 EDT 2006

Dear

I just try to make some new classes and want the class to use in python.

It seems that current vtk do not have class related to sorting or calculate
standard deviation or distance between vtkPoints or standard deviation etc.

My question is "should I develp these classes under which directory?
I tried to put under hybrid or filter but there occurs errors like follows:
my class name is vtkStatistics

Creating library D:\PROJECT\VTK\bin\Debug/vtkFiltering.lib and object
D:\PROJECT\VTK\bin\Debug/vtkFiltering.exp
vtkFilteringInstantiator.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"class vtkObject * __cdecl vtkInstantiatorvtkStatisticsNew(void)"
(?vtkInstantiatorvtkStatisticsNew@@YAPAVvtkObject@@XZ)
D:\PROJECT\VTK\bin\Debug/vtkFiltering.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1
unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

Thanks in advance