[vtkusers] VTK file in XML fmt...

fred fredmfp at gmail.com
Sat Sep 9 09:02:34 EDT 2006

Hi the list,

Until now, I wrote my VTK file in the "legacy format", in binary or ASCII.
My code written in C, using classical fwrite() routines, was doing the
job, without problem.

Now, I want to take advantage of the new XML format.

My question is in concern with the header, knowing I want to write my
files in compressed format.

For XML compressed format, what C routines should I use now ?
Should I use some appropriate VTK routines ?
(But VTK routines are in C++, no? And I code in C).

Thanks in advance.

--
« Python c'est un peu comme la baïonette en 14, faut toujours sortir avec,
et pas hésiter d'en mettre un coup en cas de besoin. »