[vtkusers] ImagePlaneWidget and rotation

Zhibo Chen zcbluesky5 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 18:14:52 EDT 2006

Hi,

I am currently using ImagePlaneWidget on a 3D image and am trying to rotate
the plane using the middle mouse button. I've noticed that if I move the
mouse too fast, with the middle mouse pressed, the image seems to get
shifted. If I use the middle mouse button and move the plane ever so
slightly, then the image snaps back to place.

I have dervied from this class and am overwritting the middle mouse button
interaction so that instead of clicking and dragging, each click will rotate
the plane a certain number of degrees.  When I do this, basically by putting
a specific degree to the variable dw, the image gets shifted.  I've tried to
simulate the fast movement with a slow one by rotating the plane 30 degrees
and then rotating it by 0.1 degrees. The resulting image is still shifted
slightly.  Is this normal and how do I fix this so that the image does not
shift?

Thanks for the help.