[vtkusers] Illumination

Tim Seher seher at ipgp.jussieu.fr
Tue Sep 5 09:38:37 EDT 2006

Hi!

I am pretty new to using VTK and have a small problem with illumination of my
image.

I want to plot 3 slices (x/y/z) through a three-dimensional cube of data. That
works fine. Isolines I plot on the surfaces link up, however the colors I
assign using a lookup table do not match on intersecting surfaces due to
different illumination angles.

The problem is worst in face-on view (test.1.png), that some contour lines are
not filled at all. The contour lines are filled, if I look from an angle.

The simplest solution would probaly be to have the same light from x/y/z on
all three planes. How do I need to assign my lights to accomplish this without
clipping the colors? How do I adress the camera which is generated by
default?

Any suggestions how to get equal illumination on all three slices from all
angles or a link to a tutorial would be great appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Tim