[vtkusers] FW: Full screen display

Marchessoux, Cedric Cedric.Marchessoux at barco.com
Tue Sep 5 05:17:25 EDT 2006

Dear vtkusers,

I would like to display in fullscreen mode a 1600x1200 image (bmp) on a
monitor-display with a resolution of 1600x1200.

I use the following program in a tcl/tk procedure:

  # Create the RenderWindow, Renderer and both Actors
  vtkRenderer ren1
  vtkRenderWindow renWin
  renWin AddRenderer ren1
  vtkRenderWindowInteractor iren
    iren SetRenderWindow renWin

  # load in the image
  vtkBMPReader bmpReader
  bmpReader SetFileName "result.bmp"

  vtkImageActor ia
  ia SetInput [bmpReader GetOutput]

  # Add the actors to the renderer, set the background and size
  ren1 AddActor ia
  ren1 SetBackground 0 0 0
  renWin SetSize 1600 1200
  renWin SetFullScreen 1

  #iren HideCursor
  iren Initialize
  iren Disable

  # render the image
  #iren AddObserver UserEvent {wm deiconify .vtkInteract}
  renWin Render

  set cam1 [ren1 GetActiveCamera]
  $cam1 Zoom 1.699
  ren1 ResetCameraClippingRange

  iren Start
  renWin Render

It works but, before to display the image in full screen mode, I display the
image with a smaller size on the screen with black borders (background). I
know it is due to the zoom with the camera and I have to use twice "renWin
Render". Do you know a way how to solve it ?

Best regards,

Cédric
Research Engineer, PhD, Technology & Innovation Group

BARCO - Medical Imaging Systems
Pres. Kennedypark 35 - B-8500 KORTRIJK - BELGIUM
Tel.  +32 5 623 35 33 Fax +32 5 623 34 57
 <file://www.barco.com/medical> www.barco.com/medical