[vtkusers] Turning contours into volumes

Tallhamer, Mike Mike.Tallhamer at USONCOLOGY.COM
Mon Sep 4 19:25:42 EDT 2006

I am new to vtk and am ok with c++. I have a need to read in a file that
contains a series of slices. Each slice (same z coordinate)  has a series of
points that define a closed contour around the outside of an anitomic
structure (I would assume a vtkPolyLine). I would like to read in each slice
and constuct the volume that is defined by the contours then apply a
transformation matrix to rotate and translate that volume the use a
vtkCuttingPlane to reslice the transformed volume from top to bottom so I
have a new set of contours defining the transformed volume. I know this
sounds like a ambitious first project for a newbie but I was hoping some one
from this list could give me a good point in the right dirrection on how to
accomplish something like this (i.e. vtk data stuctures to use or a rough
out of a visualization pipeline sketch to try.).

Thanks

-Mike

Any system that relies on human reliability is inherently unreliable

The contents of this electronic mail message and any attachments
are confidential, possibly privileged and intended for the
addressee(s) only.  Only the addressee(s) may read, disseminate,
retain or otherwise use this message.  If received in error, please
immediately inform the sender and then delete this message without
disclosing its contents to anyone.