[vtkusers] InterpolateScalarsBeforeMapping problem

Olivier Feys olivier.feys at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 07:10:52 EDT 2006

Dear all,

I'm using vtk to display Finite Element results on meshes. It is highly
important that the colors displayed at each pixel correpond to the
scalar value interpolated at this point.

I can't see any difference when I set InterpolateScalarsBeforeMappingOn
and SetColorModeToMapScalars. I get the same results when the colors are
being interpolated.
When a triangle is being displayed, I want that the color at each pixel
inside the triangle corresponds to the scalar value interpolated. So I
suppose it would be slower because we must pass through the lookup table
for each pixel.

Can anybody show me an example where a scalar field is being displayed
using a vtkUnstructuredGrid and a vtkDataSetMapper ?

Thanks

Olivier