[vtkusers] strstream instead of sstream in Debian

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Tue Oct 31 16:06:57 EST 2006

On 2006-10-31 15:00, Jordi Gutierrez Hermoso said:

>The Debian package for VTK 5.0.1 has #include <strstream> in the
>vtkIOStream.h header file, which is deprecated in ANSI C++ in favour
>of sstream (and stringstreams should be used instead of strstreams).
>
>Is this a peculiarity of Debian or VTK?

This happens on Mac OS X also.  It is vtk bug 1953:
<http://www.vtk.org/Bug/bug.php?op=show&bugid=1953>

With Mathieu Malaterre's help, I made a partial patch, which is attached
to the bug.

Unfortunately, I don't know STL hardly at all, and so completing the
patch is beyond me.  Maybe you could help get this fixed?

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com