[vtkusers] strange problem while creating a binary mask

David Gobbi dgobbi at atamai.com
Tue Oct 31 10:08:02 EST 2006

Hi Anja,

The vtkPolyDataToImageStencil calculates the normal of each polygon to
find out which face of the polygon is the front (the "outside") and
which is the back (the "inside").  The calculation of the normal depends
on the ordering of the points.

You are extruding a polyline to create the the polydata, right?
Unfortunately, I don't whether the the front/back orientation of the
polygons depends on the ordering of points in the original polyline...
Dean might have more experience here.

When you apply the stencil, most classes that have a SetStencil() method
also have a ReverseStencilOn() method to set whether you want to use the
region inside the stencil or the region outside the stencil.

 - David