[vtkusers] newbie question about vtkImageData access

Pankaj Daga deluded.soul at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 08:16:18 EST 2006

This is a newbie question.

I have a requirement where I just need to write the vtkImageData contents
into a file. So, all I need to do really is dump the whole contents byte for
byte.

I know I can access the data through

void * buffer = image->GetScalarPointer();

Now, how can I get the actual size of this array? I know there are all the
different scalar components etc. to take into account but is there something
in vtkImageData that allows you to simply write it byte for byte?

Best,