[vtkusers] vtkDatasetMapper and coloring

Frank Gao gao at mdimaging.com
Fri Oct 27 18:56:14 EDT 2006

Hi,

I tried to use vtkDatasetMapper to render a CT series. The dataset was
filtered by a thresholding filter. All cells with a scalar value outside of
the threshold is set to OutsideValue (-4000). A lookup table is defined for
the mapper. The problem I have is that vtkDatasetMapper always shows the
cells with OutsideValue by a color in the lookup table (even if I set the
scalar range) , which is black. Therefore the dataset is all surrounded by
black, and I cannot see anything inside.

How to let the vtkDataMapper just ignore the cells with OutsideValue so that
cells with meaningful data can be visible?

Thanks in advance.

Frank Gao