[vtkusers] vtkGraph - examples and when will it be included in a vtk release?

Jeff Baumes jeff.baumes at kitware.com
Thu Oct 26 16:29:13 EDT 2006

Yes, the initial infovis classes will be part of the next release of VTK.
The time frame is uncertain, but will likely be in the next 6 to 12 months.
There is an example python script using vtkTree in Examples/Infovis/Python
which dynamically creates the VTK hierarchy and displays it as a tree map.
The test Graph in Infovis/Testing/Cxx creates a random vtkGraph, performs a
layout algorithm, and displays the graph.  We are working on other test
applications which will be added to VTK in the future.

Jeff

On 10/25/06, Uffe Damgaard Pedersen <udp at atomistix.com> wrote:

> I think vtkGraph looks very interesting
>
> 1) Will it be included in the next release and when would that be?
> 2) Does anyone have any example code?
>

> Best regards,
> Uffe Damgaard Pedersen

Jeff Baumes