[vtkusers] 3D (x,y,time) plot

ahgu ahgu at ahgu.homeunix.com
Thu Oct 26 12:05:06 EDT 2006

Hi, All,

I would like to do some fast xyt data plotting using visual c++ and VTK? Basically a lot of xy scatter plot on one picture. Is that easily achievable with VTK?
The issues I want to ask your expert opinions are:

1. I know VTK is a very powerful tool, but is it a good choice for just xyz plotting? Does it have functions that setup the axis, labels, etc... Are there better alternatives for that ?
2. speed. with TCL/TK, I don't know the speed/performance impact when display a lot of streaming data. xy scattering plot with time as the 3rd axis. Need to add 50 4000points xy data. (add 50 xy plots /second).
3. Integration from VC++, I am not starting from scratch,  I have to integrate the VTK into existing project. Is that possible?
4. Are there some working example with visual c++?

thank you for your help.
Andrew