[vtkusers] Anatomical Landmarks

abhishek gattani abhishekg4u at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 10:55:49 EDT 2006

Hi All,

I know this might be a question more relevant to ITK but since both SDK's
share a common user base I wanted to through this question in this group.

I have a CT scan which I segment and then use surface rendering for
visualization i.e. I have an isosurface. Does ITK+VTK offer any support to
automatically detect candidate anatomical landmarks? In the 2D world there
is something called interest operators or corner detectors which help in
finding a list of candidate points in the image but for 3D isosurface what I
need is an algorithm simple enough to give me a list of candidate landmarks.
The ultimate use of these is going to be for registration. I would be
grateful if someone could point me to code/ documentation even if ITK+VTK
does not support this. Thanks,

Regards,
Abhishek