[vtkusers] How set render-background as color-gradient

Jens jens-devel at gmx.de
Tue Oct 24 12:54:23 EDT 2006

I only found this on the net - who recommends to use a vtkImageActor for
a color-gradient-background in VTK.
(http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2005-February/078369.html)

But (1) using a vtkImageActor to create a color-gradient-background is
not very satisfying, because by changing the camera-position the user
could reach it and move through it.
And (2) a pixel-based image looks kind of rough in a rendered world.

Any others ideas for a color-gradient-background in a render-window?

Greetings
	Jens