[vtkusers] Finite element data

Burlen burlen at apollo.sr.unh.edu
Tue Oct 24 10:25:36 EDT 2006

Hi Joao, VTK does have the quadratic hexahedra cell type so you will be able
to visualize data at the nodes of your cells easily. As far as your other
data, there are a few options that I can think of. If have the situation
where you can find one value(maybe anaverage) per cell, you can associate
that value with its respective quadratic hexahedra cell. Alternatively you
could interpolate your vector and or scalar data to quadratic hexahedral
nodal locations. Alternatively you could add points and associate either
vector data or scalar data with those points. To do this you'd need to
transform your local coordinates into global coordinates. I hope this gives
you some ideas, or sparks some further discussion.
Burlen

--

Burlen Loring
Space Science Center