[vtkusers] Triangular Polydata Surface Identification

Wesley Brooks wesbrooks at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 09:57:55 EDT 2006

Dear Users,

Is there a way to identify sets of triangles that form a face/surface?

I would like to be able to pick a triangle and get a list of triangles
that are on the same face. In the example I have in mind I have a
closed surface of a half-sphere and would like to be able to identify
the flat surface, and the curved surface.

I will ultimately be taking this information to find a list of points
that are only on the identified surface.

Thanks for your help,

Yours Faithfully,

Wesley Brooks