[vtkusers] qvtk.lib missing in QT 3.0 ?

Emma Ryan eryanvtk at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 22 17:22:14 EDT 2006

Hi all,

  I am new VTK user and am having some trouble generating executables.  I get the following error

"unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: virtual __thiscall QVTKWidget::~QVTKWidget(void)" (__imp_??1QVTKWidget@@UAE at XZ)
main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: class vtkRenderWindow * __thiscall QVTKWidget::GetRenderWindow(void)" (__imp_?GetRenderWindow at QVTKWidget@@QAEPAVvtkRenderWindow@@XZ)
main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: void __thiscall QVTKWidget::SetRenderWindow(class vtkRenderWindow *)" (__imp_?SetRenderWindow at QVTKWidget@@QAEXPAVvtkRenderWindow@@@Z)
main.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall QVTKWidget::QVTKWidget(class QWidget *,char const *,unsigned int)" (__imp_??0QVTKWidget@@QAE at PAVQWidget@@PBDI at Z)
Debug/Render.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 4 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

I've been using C++, OpenGL and Qt for all my programming needs and compiled them using win32-msvc. These work fine by themselves.

I would like to use the capabilities of VTk for rendering data. However, I'm not sure if the installation went wrong or the paths are not set correctly. When I try to compile a QVTK application, I get the above error.

I searched the entire C:  for QVTK.lib, but never found one.  I do however see the .h files of QVTKWidget in the GUISupport/QT directory of VTK.

How can I get the QVTK.lib file ?

Are VC++ 6.0, Qt 3.0 and VTK 5.0 compatible ?

Any help/suggestions in this regard is welcome.

Thank you,
Emma