[vtkusers] RES: [Paraview] PV 64bit binary for Windows

Renato N. Elias rnelias at nacad.ufrj.br
Thu Oct 19 20:16:18 EDT 2006

Wow, I wonder know what you do in VS2005 to compile PV successfully.

I'm still struggling with such annoying manifest files (it's getting harder
to understand how to make a simple "hello world" C++ program with VS2005...)

I should confess that I'm not familiar with C++ issues -- I really love to
make my simple Fortran programs and I haven't got courage to learn C++ yet
;o). In fact, C++ is TOO much for my needs. My point is that it was so
simple to compile PV with VS2003 that I can't understand why it should be
different with VS2005? It seems that MS has reinvented the wheel with its
DLL's fauna that only MS programmers (or master and guru's Visual Studio
programmers) know how it works.

My problem is that after compiling PV I don't get success in launching the
program because it claims for MSVCR80.dll. In a normal Windows program, we
only need to copy such DLL to the program's directory or just put it in a
library path in order to have the program working, but with MS2005 it
couldn't be so simple.

Therefore, could you tell us what should be done in MS2005 or cmake to have
a working binary?

Thanks for any help

Renato.

ps: I'm sending this message to VTK's list because I'm sure that there are
some guys out there with the same problem with VTK's compilations.

pps: Visual Studio 2005 + ParaView (or VTK) + Cmake 2.4.3 + x64 = another
serious compilation problem