[vtkusers] static libs...

fred fredmfp at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 17:08:09 EDT 2006

Obada Mahdi a écrit :

> Hi Frederic!

Hi Obada,

> You need to reverse the order in which libraries are given--I guess my
> description was a bit confusing, sorry.  Could you please try again
> with

[snip]

You helped me a lot, Obada.
Thanks !

The solution is:

gcc -Wall vtktest.c -o vtktest -static -lvtkIO -lvtkFiltering
-lvtkCommon -lvtkzlib -lpthread -ldl -lm -lstdc++

1) libstdc++ is _mandatory_, but not the use of g++.
2) I don't need all the libs I have used before. Only these above are in
fact needed to build (and run ;-)
my C code.
3) Anyway, I get this warning:
 Using 'dlopen' in statically linked applications requires at runtime the
 shared libraries from the glibc version used for linking
that I don't understand.

Any suggestion ?

Cheers,

--