[vtkusers] creating 3d model from set of images

Bartlomiej Wilkowski wilku_83 at o2.pl
Wed Oct 18 07:38:52 EDT 2006

Hello everybody.

I am making a 3d editor for images of the magnetic resonanse. I have a set of 93 images (DICOM) lateral view (cuts) through the patient's corp and I wanted to use vtk to create the interactive 3d model of them.

I saw the examples (Medical1 - Medical3) and tried to change in the code only the path to mine images , data spacing and dimensions. I can't see unfortunately any model then.

As I am working in Java, I used ImageJ to convert the images to other formats: RAW, JPEG, bitmaps but it is not working. Do anybody of you has any idea what can be wrong? Maybe I should change sth more in the code. I am a total begginer in vtk that's why I am asking,

thanks!

Bartek