[vtkusers] SetInputConnection

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Tue Oct 17 16:12:57 EDT 2006

Stewart.Dickson at noaa.gov wrote:
> I do not know why this is -- obviously, the examples and tests are not
> routinely run as regression -- because the SetInputConnection() method
> has long ago been changed to simply SetInput()
>
> If you edit the files and make this modification, then it will work.

Hi Stewart,

	How exactly are you installing VTK ? I am very surprised that none of
your nightly/continuous dashboards hasn't detected this issue.
	VTK uses CMake/CTest and Dart to run regression testings not only every
nights (completely automated) but also any time during the day
(9am-5pm). Basically my question is are you sure you are using examples
from VTK5 with a VTK5 installation ? SetInputConnection was introduced
in VTK5 and up to replace the old (deprecated) SetInput mechanism.

	The dashboard summary page is here:
http://public.kitware.com/dashboard.php?name=vtk

Thanks
Mathieu