[vtkusers] Mixing 2d and 3d actors... the problem is in rendering!

Anja Ende anja.ende at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 13 06:24:40 EDT 2006

Hi everyone,

So, I have finally been able to reproduct the exact problem.

I have created a test application that reproduces the problem exactly.

So, the framework is as follows:

- I have one 2d actor.
- I have one 3d actor.
- I have 2 renderers that are layered (the 3d prop is over the 2d
prop...layer 1, layer 0).

Initially, the props are displayed correctly but as soon as you resize the
window or basically whenever the subsequent render(s) are called the 2d
renderer never gets rendered!!!!

I have created a small C++ test app that demonstrates that. The App itself
is less than 60 lines long and really is very trivial and will  not take
someone more than 5 minutes to view and understand it. I was wondering if
someone would be willing to look at it and see if what I have missed...maybe
it is a call that is necessary and I have missed.

If you compile and run the App and just resize the window, you will see one
of the renderers disappear. Please email or message here and I will send you
the app.

I would really grateful for any help you can give me with this.

Cheers,

Anja