[vtkusers] vtkBalloonWidget-like class

John Norris jnorris at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Oct 12 14:19:05 EDT 2006

Hi,

I've created a class based on vtkBallonWidget, but instead of strings
based on which prop the cursor is over, it builds and displays a string
based on field data from the dataset and cell its hovering over.  This
works fine, except that sometimes the balloon pops up when it shouldn't,
i.e. when the cursor is not over prop.  This even happens when the
cursor leaves the VTK window entirely.  It only behaves this way about
half the time, though, and performs the way I expect the rest of the time.

Has anyone experienced similar behavior with vtkBalloonWidget?

I'm using the latest VTK from CVS.  I'm compiling on an XP box with
Visual Studio 8.

Thanks,
John
--