[vtkusers] vtkCamera and parallel scaling

Anja Ende anja.ende at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 11 12:11:20 EDT 2006

Hi,

So, still trying to make 3d and 2d actors coexist.

I did some more digging and I found this out.

When I have this code:

vtkCamera * cam = m_renderer->GetActiveCamera();
cam->ParallelProjectionOn();
m_renderer->ResetCamera();
std::cout << cam->GetParallelScale() << std::endl;

I get a scale factor of about 35. Can you tell me how this is calculated and
how to calculate the factor that would just show the image at its original
size...

Of course, the 2D actor does not show up at all right now... but that is
another beast...

Thanks!

Anja