[vtkusers] unstructured grid problem

Jacques Charreyron-F264897 Jacques.Charreyron at fr.michelin.com
Mon Oct 9 11:58:05 EDT 2006

Dear Vtk users,

I have an understanding problem. let's take an example:

7------5------3
|      |      |
|      |      |
6------4------0

The first one contains two cells :
vtkQuad 6   4   5   7
vtkQuad 4   0   3   5

If want to put point data on the ugrid I have to provide vtk with a double array
of size 6 containing :

V[6] V[4] V[5] V[7] V[0] V[3] where V is my scalar value.

I have searched deeply in the documentation and in the source code but I could
not find a way to retrieve a vector containing [6 4 5 7 0 3] corresponding to a
non repetitive ordered list of point ids.

So my question is : is it possible to get this indirection vector ?

How points data are connected with cells at rendering time? (The Schroeder ,
Martin, Lorenson, vtk toolkit book (3rd edition) did not gave me clue)

BTW : I am using vtk 5.0.1 on Windows Xp / Linux

Jacques Charreyron

\
 \          Jacques Charreyron
  \          Société Michelin