[vtkusers] Can multiple builds of VTK share one install directory?

Weiguang Guan guanw at rhpcs.mcmaster.ca
Thu Oct 5 09:37:04 EDT 2006

Hello,

I need to keep multiple builds of VTK with different configurations. Can I
direct their installations to the same location (shown as below) so that
whenever my vtk-based app needs to be linked against Build B I can just
"cd Build_B_Dir & make install"?

 	   /-- 	Build A --\
VTK Source ---	Build B --- installation
 	   \--	Build C --/

Perhaps this question should go to cmake forum --- Can "make install" from
one build directory completely overwrites what previously came from
another build directory corresponding to the same source?

Weiguang