[vtkusers] Job opening: Lead Developer at Caltech Center of Excellence in Genomic Science

Sean Megason megason at caltech.edu
Tue Oct 3 21:23:04 EDT 2006

The Caltech Center for Excellence in Genomic Science (CEGS) is a newly
funded initiative that's driven to digitize life. Our goal is to understand
embryonic development as the execution of a program in our genome. We seek
to upload embryonic development into a virtual life form called the Digital
Fish through the use of genetics, molecular imaging, and information
technology. We are now looking for a lead software developer.

The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for leading the continued
development of the principle software application for this endeavor called
GoFigure. GoFigure recognizes and tracks cells in extremely large
4-dimensional (xyzt) image sets and digitizes that data into a database.
GoFigure is written in MS Visual C++ for a Windows platform and uses MySQL,
VTK (the Visualization Toolkit), ITK (Insight Segmentation and Registration
Toolkit), and is open-source. The successful applicant will have a strong
coding background as well as expertise in mathematics, computer vision,
object recognition, segmentation, and registration. This is an excellent
opportunity for the right person.

For more information and to apply check out:

www.cegs.caltech.edu

Sean Megason, Ph.D.

Member of the Professional Staff

California Institute of Technology - MC139-74

Pasadena, CA 91125

www.digitalfish.org