[vtkusers] Dicom Image

Amy Squillacote amy.squillacote at kitware.com
Tue Oct 3 15:56:41 EDT 2006

Hi Michele,

vtkStructuredPoints is an empty subclass of vtkImageData, and
vtkDICOMImageReader produces vtkImageData. What is the data type of the
scalars in your image? If it's something other than unsigned char, you
could pass it through vtkImageShiftScale
(http://www.vtk.org/doc/release/5.0/html/a01583.html) to convert from
your data set's scalar type to unsigned char.

Also, you could use vtkFixedPointVolumeRayCastMapper instead of
vtkVolumeRayCastMapper. Both can do MIP, but
vtkFixedPointVolumeRayCastMapper operates on all scalar types.

- Amy