[vtkusers] How to get vtk file from scattered points?

Dominik Szczerba domi at vision.ee.ethz.ch
Mon Oct 2 16:58:38 EDT 2006

Please stick to the list unless sending me sensitive datasets etc.
I have been succesful reading in raw points as an unstructured grid with
cells being literally points (ID=1 AFAIK but check me in the format
techdoc paper). You can either prepare a vtk file that you normally load
into vtk or just read a data file from your program and create an
appropriate structure yourself. the Ensight format for reading particles
will also work.
--DS