[vtkusers] rotating a 2D actor

Kalpathi Subramanian krs at uncc.edu
Mon Oct 2 09:35:39 EDT 2006

Pankaj:

There is no transformation matrix associated with 2D actors and hence
you cannot transform it (like rotate).. if you
need to transform your objects use vtkActor.  Tell us what object you
need to rotate in your app and we might be
able to offer suggestions.  (again, read the vtk doc for vtkAcor2D you
will see this in the description).

    == krs

Pankaj Daga wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> @Tony: I am a bit confused as to how a vtkCubeAxesActor2D fits into this??? Could you elaborate a bit
>
> Posting my original message again, as the old one is in September thread.
>
> I have a vtkActor2D object that I wish to rotate. Is there a simple way to
> rotate it about its center?
>
> I know all vtkProp3D based objects have built in rotation functions. How can
>
> I implement something similar in a vtkActor2D?
>
> Basically, I have a 2D image that I wish to rotate on the screen.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Pankaj

K.R.Subramanian                        Phone: (704) 687-8579
Department of Computer Science         FAX:   (704) 687-3516
UNC Charlotte, Woodward 435E           Email: krs at uncc.edu
Charlotte, NC 28223-0001               Web: http://www.cs.uncc.edu/~krs