[vtkusers] A question about Win32 Message Handler in VTK

Jay Li chyumm at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 30 15:32:13 EST 2006

Dear All,

  I'm working on a Win32 API console application. I've incorporated VTK to the main program and successfully rendered the window, which a child window, by vtk. Here's my problem, when the window generated by vtk is closed, the main window is closed as well. In my code, I used renWin->SetParentId(my_mainwindow) to set up the parent window.  I guess vtk somehow takes control of the parent window too. I've searched through the documents, but most people are talking about MFC. I'm wondering if anybody here working on Win32 API has met similar problems. Thank you.

  Regards,
  Jay