[vtkusers] Rotation of single axis

Obada Mahdi omahdi at gmx.de
Tue Nov 28 13:29:49 EST 2006

Hi Bob!

On 11/28/06, Robert V Canning <Robert.V.Canning at usa.dupont.com> wrote:
> [...]  I would like to be able to rotate a single
> axis for instance the X while keeping the camera fixed.  Do I need to
> rotate each object or is there a way to move the whole group?  Are there
> any examples (Tcl) out there that show this.  For instance if the camera is
> moved so that the X,Y,Z axis appear tilted, I would then like to be able to
> rotate the X axis only so that the object would look as if it is spinning.

Have a look at
Examples/Rendering/Tcl/assembly.tcl
in the VTK source tree.  It demonstrates the use of vtkAssembly for
grouping several actors into one compound, which subsequently
"behaves" like a single actor (go into actor mode by pressing 'a' and
see how the group in the upper right is affected by rotation).

HTH,

Obada