[vtkusers] Moving a renderwindow to a new parent

Beau Sapach beau.sapach at ualberta.ca
Tue Nov 28 11:53:10 EST 2006

Hello everyone,

Currently I attach vtkRenderWindows to MFC windows by passing the MFC
window's m_hWnd member to SetParentID.  I think this is the right way to do
it, but correct me if I'm wrong.  Now if I wish to "detach" a render window,
so to speak from its parent and say "move" it to another parent window then
what is the proper way of doing it?  I've tried calling SetParentID(NULL)
but that hasn't worked, the render window appears to still be attached to
its previous parent.  And the application breaks in an MFC DLL when I try to
delete the previous parent.

Beau