[vtkusers] VTK: select a region of interest

garraud charles pglminfini at yahoo.fr
Tue Nov 28 08:20:08 EST 2006

Hi everybody,

  First I just want to say I am new to VTK. I would like to know what are the possibilities in order to manually select a 3Dregion from a volume and then display it. I am working on a project which involves the rendering of a volume corresponding to MRI slices and I would like the user of the software to be able to select a region of interest in the volume and then dysplay it.

  To dysplay my volume, I converted my DICOM files to BMP and then used vtkBMPreader and vtkVolumeTextureMapper2D.

  I am interested in any suggestions.

  Thanks a lot for your help.

  Carlos